USING SMART GROWTH SCORECARD - SELF ASSESSMENT TOOL
Smart Growth means adding new homes, new offices and businesses and new jobs to Suburban economy in a way that enhances the communities where we already live – without requiring higher taxes, adding to our road and traffic woes and without consuming or polluting our remaining farmland, beachfronts, woodlands and open spaces.
Sumber Scorecard : http://www.smartgrowthgateway.org/pdf_folder/scorecard2.pdf
Description of Smart Growth
Smart Growth is a general term for policies that integrate transportation and land use decisions in the process of urban growth, for example by encouraging more Compact, mixed-use development within existing urban areas, and discouraging dispersed, automobile dependent development at the urban fringe. Smart Growth can help create more Accessible land use patterns, improve Transport Options, create more Livable communities, reduce public service costs and achieve other Land Use Objectives. Smart Growth is an alternative to urban sprawl.
Smart Growth Criteria
Final Score .........Grade dan Rumusan
100 – 90 ..............A Baik
89 – 80 ............... B Boleh di terima
79 – 70 ................C Sederhana
69 – 60 ................D Tidak Memuaskan
59 – 0 ..................F Amat Tidak Memuaskan
FINDINGS FROM THE STUDY......................
- Municipal planning profile - the current regulatory environment influences the pattern of growth and development, view their current development pattern through a smart growth lens - GRED B
- Makes the most of limited public resources and builds on public investments already made by encouraging new development where infrastructure and services already exist. Creates opportunity for infill or redevelopment of under-utilized, abandoned and brownfield sites - GRED D
Offers a range of housing types and sizes. Increases the choices available to households of all income levels - GRED C
- Mix of uses - Creates a vibrant community where places to work, shop, live and play are integrated - GRED F
- Maximizes use of existing transit service and other transportation options in order to decrease dependency on the automobile, thereby reducing traffic and encouraging walkability - GRED D
- Walkable, designed for personal interaction - Designed for the human, rather than for the automobile. Helps to reduce traffic and create places with increased potential for social interaction, walking and sense of community - GRED F
- Protects open space, farmland and critical environmental areas - Benefits the general public as itspares watersheds, scenic vistas and agricultural areas needed for drinking water, farm and tourism revenues and strong quality of life - GRED C
- Respectful of community character, design and historic features - Growth is in keeping with the local architecture, especially if in historically significant area. Enhances the overall quality and values of the community. Enhances the community’s desirability as a place to live, work, shop and recreate - GRED C
- total overall criteria - GRED D
Apa tindakan yang perlu dilakukan oleh Perancang Bandar????........
Contoh Sketch-Up pelajar Tahun Dua.
Penghargaan dan Terima Kasih kepada Kumpulan Eminence