Some new concepts on progress…
Powerful planning Ideas that matter in an increasingly interconnected world…Theory vs Reality in Malaysian context: Some work..some not.
- Intelligent Cities. – To Plan a developed urban area that creates sustainable economic development and high quality of life by excelling in multiple key areas; economy, mobility, environment, people, living, and government. Excelling in these key areas can be done so through strong human capital, social capital, and ICT infrastructure.
- Satellite Towns. - To Plan urban planning concept that refers essentially to smaller metropolitan areas which are located somewhat near to, but are mostly independent of larger metropolitan areas.
- Transit Town/Village. - To Plan a mixed-use residential and commercial area designed to maximize access to public transport, and often incorporates features to encourage transit ridership.
- Urban/Rural Transit Center. - To Plan mixed-mode commuting, involves using two or more modes of transportation in a journey.
- Energy Efficient Region. - To Plan policies to help countries improve their individual energy efficiency.. To improve energy efficiency across all sectors in the region.
- Global Cities. – To plan a city generally considered to be an important node in the global economic system.
- Green Building. - To Plan an environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout a building's life-cycle: from siting to design, construction, operation, maintenance, renovation, and demolition.
- Satellite Campus. – To Plan a campus of a college or university that is physically at a distance from the original university or college area.
- SOHOs – Small Office Home Office. - To Plan a business that is operated out of a business owner's residence and can be located in an established office within the residence.
- Compact City. - To Plan an urban expansion to limit suburban sprawl and to obtain a more sustainable urban development.
- Business Incubator. - To Plan a unique and highly flexible combination of business development processes, infrastructure and people designed to nurture new and small businesses by helping them to survive and grow through the difficult and vulnerable early stages of development.
Urban/Rural Transit Center.
Energy Efficient Region.
Science Park /Technology Parks.
Regional Growth Corridor.
Brownfield & Greenfield Development.
Low Carbon Society.
Safe & Sustainable City.
Retirement Community Plan.
The Corridor Development Initiative.
Reconnecting Neighborhood & Placemaking.
Commute Options &Telecommuting.
Bus Rapid Transit.
SOHOs – Small Office Home Office.
High Speed Rail.
Teleworking & The New Way Of Working.