Thursday, December 31, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
Generation X : As young adults, this generation was characterized by the Yuppies, or young urban professionals.
• Age = from 34 to late 40s
• first generation with widespread access to television during their formative years.
Generation Y :Known as Generation Next or the Millennials. Generation Y spans from the late 1970s to the early 1990s.
• Age = from early 10 to 30s years of age.
• Defined by the spread of portable media devices and being "always connected".
• The formative years of this generation saw the advent of personal computers and home video gaming systems.
GEN X,Y – THE GENERATION THAT WILL TAKE OUR NATION/WAWASAN 2020 TOWARDS 2050. THEY ARE THE FUTURE LEADERS AND WORKFORCE. PLANNING FOR THEM NOW IS VITAL TO ENSURE A CONDUCIVE ENVIRONMENT THAT WILL ATTRACT AND RETAIN THE YOUNG IN MAKING OUR PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT VIBRANT AND LIVABLE.
Petikan daripada kertas kerja Pn.Mazrina Bt. Dato' Abdul Khalid, World Town Planning Day 2009.
BENARKAH BEGITU? BETULKAH PERSEPSI INI? APAKAH PERANAN GENERASI SEDIA ADA? ADAKAH GENERASI X,Y SEDAR SITUASI INI? SIAPAKAH YANG PERLU BERUBAH? BETULKAH HALA TUJU KITA? APA TINDAKAN YANG PERLU KITA LAKUKAN? SETAKAT MANA PERANAN URBAN PLANNER??