This studio will train fundamental planning tools and techniques for the preparation of development plan of a small built-up area. It involves among others the preparation of base maps, field surveys, data processing problem identification and analysis, and proposal for the development of the area. Students are required to conduct various types of surveys for the planning of small areas such as socio-economic surveys, physical surveys, traffic and transportation study. Data from the surveys will then be analyzed to identify current issues, problems and potential of the study area. The final part will involve students to prepare proposal for the development of the area in relations to the findings and government policy frameworks.
• Location & Regional Linkages.
• Population & Social-Economic.
• Land Use & Transportation.
• Housing & Building.
• Community Facilities & Utilities.
• Environmental & Natural Character.
• Community Organisation, Social & Focus Group.